Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The greeting cards have all been sent...

I don't always send out holiday cards. Sometimes I make them and they never get printed. Other times, I pick up a really fancy pack of cards from the dollar store and slap my name on them. This year, I haven't even had a free second to think about anything other than words, images, and Words and Images.

But last year, oh dear me, LAST YEAR, I nailed it. #tootingmyownhorn

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we? 
The inspiration for the card came from a print of that infamous quote from A Christmas Story that I saw on Etsy: "Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window."

I knew I wanted something simple that incorporated quotes from holiday movies that my husband I love. I used typographic design and some traditional colors. The back of the card had a couple super-cheesy pictures of my husband and I. Because what's a Christmas card without a super-cheesy picture?
Finally, I managed to convince my elf, I mean, husband to put his calligraphy skills to good use...while I fanned myself and ate bon-bons. *Sigh* Those were the glory days. Maybe next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment